Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Twists and Turns of Adoption

Well, if my last adoption taught me anything, it's that absolutely nothing is within the realm of my control. That continues to be true!

Things continue to change with our adoption of Reese by the hour. The Haitian government has no rhyme or reason to any of their decisions. At one point, we were told it was just the matter of arranging transportation, then it was he needed a paper visa, and now it's that the Haitian government doesn't know what it wants to do with the children.

Bottom line is this, Reese is our child. He is our child if we get the call to go get him tomorrow or in several months. We pray that it is sooner and not later.

We decided to come back to Fergus and wait here. We aren't sure of the timeline, so I'm opening my daycare and Dave is going back to work. We are going to enjoy our children, our life, and pray that our little boy comes home soon. It is comforting to remember that God loves Reese more than even we do.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"God defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing." Deuteronomy 10:18

4 comments:

  1. I hope he comes home soon Sarah. Reese is so blessed to have your family waiting with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a blessing to have some time with you. I will continue to pray nonstop for Reese and your family. We love you and are so thankful that you have God walking with you through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I think you forgot to log out of my account! :)

    ReplyDelete