Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two months and a day...


Since I last blogged. Not sure that I have any readers left, but just in case, here you go:

I am bad. I don't think I am cut out for this blogging thing! I actually like to write and I LOVE to read other people's blogs, but the time factor and the lack of brain cells certainly limit my blogging.

Since this blog is pretty much all about Reese, I will stay on the topic of him.

He is delightful. A pure joy and gift. Spoiled in love. Everyone in this house dotes on him. He is attaching very well. Look at those shiny eyes! I really haven't left him more than to do a few errands. We stay home most of the time except for going to church.

I think he likes going to Target now. At first, that was totally sensory-overload for him. He wore sunglasses a few times and that seemed to help. It helped dim all the craziness of a store and I think he also felt a little
incognito to all his fans. When we first returned, we couldn't go anywhere without being stopped. Our first trip to Target lasted 2.5 hours. Oops. He seems to have turned a corner now, because when the kids get home from school, he runs to the van and tries to open the door because he wants to go somewhere. His wish will come true, as soon as summer starts.

He loves being outside at all times. We met with a friend, Rhyan, who has spent lots of time in Haiti. She spoke Kreyol to him and the last time he saw her was at Children of the Promise. He seemed pretty freaked out by it and refused to talk in Kreyol back to her. He clearly understood what she was saying.

He just seems to come more alive each and every day. He loves giving hugs and kisses. He adores his siblings. He looks forward to his daddy coming home each day and screams, "Daddy" at the top of his lungs when Dave walks in the door. He doesn't babble in Kreyol anymore, which makes me sad. I should probably make him some rice and beans. I did that a few times when he was first home. Now he eats anything we put in front of him, so I haven't made as much of an effort.

He participates in everything wholeheartedly. I forgot what dyeing Easter eggs with a two year old is like~ wanting to do everything by themselves. He poured out two cup-fulls of dye. The advantage to being the youngest of five is that your mom is too tired to care anymore! I just got out paper towels.

Even though the world has revolved around Reese the last three months, there are other members of our family and I will give a brief update on them.

Dyson just got back from a two week camping trip to Washington DC and Boston with my parents~ lucky boy. He had a fabulous time! He is really looking forward to baseball starting. He is very excited that Dave is going to be his coach.

The Irish twins, Sydney, 9, and Josh, 8, are busy! Busy arguing and fighting over the TV...

Sydney is such a fun girl and is growing up so fast! She is looking forward to being on the swim team this summer.

Josh continues to be a hard worker and a great helper around the house. He still quacks at the crack of dawn.

Landon, is growing up too fast. He lost his first two teeth on back to back days. I just want to cuddle him but he's not so into that anymore. He likes to keep up with Dyson and copy everything he does.

My life is back to being "boring"~ not sure that I have much to blog about anymore...we'll see...

3 comments:

  1. I check this every day! So glad to see an update and so glad to see Reese is adjusting well. All 5 of your kiddos are adorable and special! Ethan is swimming on the swim team this summer too, see ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep blogging! I love it! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hearing how things are going! We seem to travel in different circles - so I love the updates. I think your children are all so beautiful...so bright and happy. They are delightful. Glad all is going so well!

    ReplyDelete