Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

This is now going to be a Mommy blog!

As I read so many blogs for ideas and inspirations, there are many times that I'd like to link to those and show what we are doing as a family, but I really didn't have a blog. This was started to share with our family and friends about our journey bringing Reese home from Haiti. I guess I could start another blog under a different name, but I kinda like the name of this one, so I'm going to stick here.

This probably won't be a terribly interesting blog! :-) It is going to be more like an on-line journal of my crazy, multi-tasking brain. Right now I am very interested in minimalism. I'm super tired of cleaning all the time. Yesterday the light bulb went off and I realized that if we didn't have so much stuff, I wouldn't have to be picking it up all the time. I am ready to get rid of just about everything. The first thing to go is a ton of stuff in my kitchen. I love to entertain, so I keep lots of stuff around for that. The truth of the matter is, with five kids, my days of entertaining are very far and few between. I am getting rid of all my dishes except for one set for each member of the family which will be color-coded. My nieces and nephews are here a lot, so I'm going to keep a color-coded set for them in their bins in my mudroom. I will keep paper plates and cups on hand for guests.

I also hope to post preschool ideas, link to my other site about adoption, share recipes, birthday party ideas, and if I get brave enough: my weight loss journey.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am so happy for you and your new idea and your weight loss as well. I see you are going 5 nights a week, that's a huge commitment but one I see you taking seriously! WTG Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady. Glad to see you are going to share your life with us. Can't wait. Hope the fam is doing well. Life in NY is going great for us. I miss MN like crazy though. But there are virtually no mosquitoes here. Yay.

    ReplyDelete