Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ask

Dear Friends and Family,

By now you have heard of our new son, Reese, who will be coming home from Haiti within the next few weeks. We are so excited for him to join our family.

When we decided to add Reese to our family, we had a very short time to make that decision. We decided that we had enough love in our hearts and room in our home for him. What we did not/do not have is a large bank account. We trusted that if God wanted Reese in our family, He would work out the financial details. I wasn't planning on specifically asking you to give to our adoption fund. I just put the word out there that we were accepting donations!

Then yesterday, I heard a great sermon on Matthew 7:7, which is "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." I don't really want to ask you for money and sometimes I don't like asking God for things either. I want to do things by myself, be an independent American! BUT…when it's flipped around, don't we want friends to ask us for things when they are in need? Doesn't it make us happy to give to people who need it? Ultimately when we ask and receive, it connects us to one another. When I ask God for things, it connects me to Him. When I ask you for things, it connects me to you. We become a team. We form a partnership.

I am asking you if you are financially able or feel so led, to contribute to Reese's adoption fund. Help us bring him home from Haiti. Partner with us to give him life. It would bless us tremendously.

Thanks from the whole Thacker Pack,

Sarah

Tax deductable donations can be sent to: Affinity Plus Credit Union, Adoption Fund/Thackers, 410 W. Lincoln, Fergus Falls, MN 56537

You could also give to our adoption agency, which is a 501c3: In His Arms Adoption Ministry, 23592 Ridgewood Circle, Fergus Falls, MN 56537

1 comment:

  1. Wish we had a money tree! Praying the funds come in fast & furiously.

    ReplyDelete