Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

This could get long...

I wasn't going to post this story until we got home, because I don't want my children, family, and friends to worry, but yours truly had a long interview with CNN tonight, so I guess, it's getting out there!

Here is what is going on:

On Friday, we waited all day at the US Embassy for the last military flight out of here. (It was so wonderful to be with Reese) All of the children were cleared to leave, signed off by the Prime Minister, etc. The flight was canceled. We were told we could make our own private arrangements b/c there would be no more military flights out. We arranged to have Agape flights fly us out on noon on Saturday. We stayed with the children in a guest house on Friday night.
On Saturday morning, we packed up the kids in a taxi and headed to the airport. Minutes after the taxi dropped us off, we were attacked by an angry mob of men saying that we were trying to steal the children. They tried to take the kids from us.

The Haitian police came and detained all of us. It was horrible until the US Embassy got there. We sat on the street with the children outside of the airport for six hours while the Haitian police, border patrol, immigration, and the US embassy had a huge pissing match. It was unbelievable. Then they took us down to a police station for three hours while they continued to sort things out. They let us go, but they took the children from us and they are sitting in a Unicef tent camp. I am praying for the memory of being separated to be erased from mine and Reese's mind. It was horrible. I'm writing this out and I can't even believe that this has happened. The US Embassy is working on it. It escalated quickly. I know for sure that my senator, Amy Klobuchar, from MN is heavily involved. Dave is in Florida right now waiting for us to get out of Haiti. He was going to meet the plane on Saturday afternoon!
I am a strong believer and Jesus' supernatural peace is comforting me right now, but my mind seems so muddled that I can barely from coherent words to pray. Will you please pray on behalf of Reese and the other children?

7 comments:

  1. I've been praying like crazy all day and will continue to!! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...We will pray for you until you are home safe and sound with Reese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your blog on the "We Have Room" page on facebook.

    I will be praying! I am sure this is very scary for you all but just remember ~ we serve a mighty God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am lifting your family up in prayer. Get home safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Stay strong. If you get to talk to the children, please tell Jeff & Simon that their dad is waiting for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff and Simon's family, will you please e-mail me? daveandsarah96 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't know me, but we're sisters :) I'm praying for Reese and the others and for all of you waiting here. I've tweeted on news stations besides CNN and facebooked this, too. I'd love to know what other states some of the children are from so I can contact their senators and representatives on their behalf. Will write your senator's office and thank her for her involvement.

    Please let us know if there are others you'd like for us to contact!

    ReplyDelete